Rep. Roy on emergency situation in Texas: ‘Cartels have operational control of our border’
WASHINGTON—On Wednesday evening, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined anchor Jennifer Franco on One America News to discuss the unrelenting crisis at the southern border, the threat it poses to Texas, and the Biden administration’s continued failure to address it.
Footage of the full panel discussion is available here, and some key quotes are below:
- The border crisis we have here in Texas is very real, it's impacting ranchers, it’s impacting citizens throughout the state, and it's impacting the migrants who are getting abused on the journey, while cartels have operational control of our border, moving dangerous fentanyl into Texas, endangering our children, endangering our communities.
- Vice President Harris refuses to come here. She could go get on her taxpayer funded jet at Andrews Airforce Base and she could be down at the border lickety-split, but she refuses to come here. So, I'm happy to meet her anywhere she wants to go and have a debate about the border. She won't because they know their policies are absolutely indefensible, they're just using human being for political pawns.
- ICE and Border Patrol, who are locally out-gunned and out-manned by the Cartel de Noreste and Nuevo Laredo or the Reynosa faction of the Gulf Cartel down just across the Rio Grande from McAllen, moving human beings in for profit, moving narcotics in for profit, endangering not just the people of Texas but the migrants who seek to come here.
- The District Attorney of Kendall County found about nine immigrants in a car, two bound up in the trunk headed to a stash house in Houston to be put into the sex and human trafficking trade. If this is compassion by the Democrat party, the Democrats that are running our country right now, they think this is compassion. Then I think they need to go find another definition because it is absolutely endangering the American people and the immigrants that seek to come here.
- At some point we have to as Texans take it in our hands to secure our communities. And right now, we are endangered because of the policies of the Biden Administration, the President of the United States is not taking care to faithfully execute the laws of the United States. … He's endangering Texans and he's endangering migrants while he says that he's carrying out policies that were good for them. They're not.