Rep. Roy derides clueless ‘leftists sitting in their studios in New York City’ on border crisis misinformation
WASHINGTON— On Tuesday, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Allie Beth Stuckey on her podcast, Relatable, to discuss the Biden administration’s ongoing border crisis and the misinformation the media has been pushing about it while smearing CBP officers.
Full length of the interview is available at the link here and some key quotes are below:
- Fentanyl is killing young adults and young children… this is because of the power of the cartels at the border and what Joe Biden is doing, refusing to do under his constitutional duty to secure the border.
- These are very dangerous cartels. They bury human beings alive, they light them on fire, they put them into boiling oil, they hang them on bridges, they lock them into bars and light them on fire… The cartels should be designated as terrorist organizations.
- Migrants are getting hurt, migrants are dying, migrants are getting put into the sex trafficking trade, migrants are getting put into the slave labor trade, cartels are making tons of money… The Biden administration could stop it, they just would take the steps necessary to do so, they just refuse to do it.
- I’m watching Texans get hurt. I watch migrants get hurt and I watch these leftists sitting in their studios in New York City and they pat themselves on the back for their compassion. They sit there trying to preach to us about what they would do to secure the border, but they don’t care about the little girl getting raped; they don’t care about the little girl getting sold into the sex trafficking trade. Where are they when this is what is happening?
- These [leftists] have no idea because they sit in their studios and they pontificate and they try to play the race card and they try to use that to divide us and to try to make everything about that instead of what’s actually happening at the border, endangering human beings. I can’t for the life of me understand why we’re allowing this to happen. I want to know, with all due respect to the leaders in our country, where are the men? Where are actual honest-to-God men who will stand up and say we need to secure our country and protect the vulnerable?
- Where are the men in this country to stand up and to make sure that we protect our country, protect our communities, and stand up to protect migrants and people getting abused, and not allow all these wailing and gnashing of teeth with these leftists sitting comfortably in their studios drinking their lattes, going around having people serve them while they wear masks and feel good about themselves?