‘The federal government is literally abandoning its constitutional duty’
WASHINGTON— Last week, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Glenn Beck on his national radio program to discuss the ongoing crisis at the southern border, Biden’s unconstitutional refusal to faithfully execute the laws of the United States, and the actions Texas must take as a result.
Full length of the interview is available here and some key quotes are below:
- [The Biden administration] left Americans and they left SIVs behind to get tortured while turning over assets to our enemies. Meanwhile, at our border, cartels are empowered, China is actually empowered, both of them moving dangerous fentanyl up through our southern border, killing Americans.
- It’s not just impeachable what Biden is doing, it’s so wrong that we’re going to have to take matters into our hands as Texans to step in and fill the void.
- This federal government is literally abandoning its constitutional duty to enforce and faithfully execute the laws of the United States.
- We’re at the point right now, where the people of Texas, the people of Florida, we have to start saying no. It’s now time for us to takeover, secure our border, and figure out how we’re going to care for our own citizenry.
- We’re keeping this country, we’re keeping our constitutional principles, we’re going to enforce them, but we’re not going to let you butcher them and tell us that we’re the ones that are wrong.