‘[The Biden administration] is abandoning the people of Texas at our border, and we’re here to shine a light’
BOERNE, TEXAS — On Tuesday, ahead of their trip to the southern border, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) held a roundtable discussion, followed by a press conference, on the destruction of human life caused by the ongoing border crisis including cartel activity, human/sex trafficking, drug trafficking, fentanyl addiction, and rising crime in American communities.
Rep. Chip Roy and Senator Ted Cruz were joined by former Texas Public Safety Captain and Current Director/CEO of Omni Intelligence, Jaeson Jones; Kendall County, Texas Criminal District Attorney, Nicole Bishop; founder and president of International Network of Hearts, Alma Tucker; and Angel Mom and founder of Parents Against Illicit Narcotics, Virginia Krieger, to speak on the far-reaching damages this border crisis has wrought.
The clip of the press conference is available at the link here, and some key quotes from Rep. Roy are below:
- [The Biden administration] is abandoning the people of Texas at our border, and we’re here to shine a light.
- Today is really about the impact on Texans, the impact on human beings, the impact on the very migrants that some of my colleagues on the other side of the aisle, in the false name of compassion, say open borders are good for them, when we heard today, about young men and women, little girls, little boys, getting branded, getting burned, getting abused by cartels along our border.
- [This] is happening on our watch because of, frankly, the embarrassing policies of this administration that are allowing this to occur and allowing cartels to be empowered.
- We talk today about fentanyl, we talk about the horrors of what is happening at our communities where our children, our loved ones, are dying. Ninety two thousand opioid deaths now this year, we’re seeing a massive spike.
- This is a wakeup call for every parent, every person, who cares about their community, that we have this happening because the power of cartels, shoving these China-created and Mexican-created products into the bloodstreams of our children. When are we going to wake up and fight this crisis that is happening right now in real time?