Rep. Roy talks border crisis with Tucker: It’s time to ‘start taking it into our own hands in Texas’
WASHINGTON— On Thursday, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Tucker Carlson in an interview in which he called on Texas defy the Biden administration, take matters into its own hands, secure the border, and protect the people of Texas.
Full length of the video is available here and some key quotes are below:
- Let’s be very clear, the Democrat Party, the Democrats in Washington, are sick and twisted individuals that are destroying this country right now, every single day.
- Now, Democrats are allowing this mess to occur in Del Rio where we’ve got ten thousand Haitians with many more on the way… all while we’ve got thousands in McAllen, all while fentanyl is pouring across our border, killing Americans, ninety something thousand- a hundred thousand- dying from opioid poisoning, not overdoses, Tucker, poisoning. This is happening right now and this President does not care.
- [Biden] is failing and he is willfully disregarding his duty to enforce the laws of the United States and faithfully execute the laws of the United States. Not only is it impeachable, but I believe that the Governor of Texas ought to start disregarding this President and start taking it into our own hands in Texas.
- [We] need to secure the border of the United States for the welfare of the people, not just us, but the migrants getting abused in the false name of compassion by the Democrats who like to pat themselves on the back.
- The Governor, the state of Texas, needs to own this and seal the border.