‘Let’s stand up and have a strong economy and a strong border’: Rep. Roy on Biden’s reckless open borders and overspending
WASHINGTON — On Friday morning, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Newsmax’s National Report to discuss President Biden’s destructive $6 trillion budget that would increase federal spending to its highest sustained rate since World War II, and the border crisis that continues to worsen as Vice President Kamala Harris “can’t find the border on a map, apparently, even those she’s allegedly in charge.”
The full clip of the segment is available at the link here and some key quotes on Biden’s spending plan are below:
- I can tell you what voters really want, they want a responsible leadership for this country. With all due respect to the former speaker, that speaker didn’t really set us down the path towards fiscal responsibility either. We didn’t do the things we needed to do on immigration, we didn’t do the things we needed to do on healthcare. President Trump came in and did a lot to make America great: The America first agenda, standing with Israel, moving the embassy to Jerusalem, strong judges, low regulations, low taxes, strong economic growth, strong border security. And now what we need to do is avoid what the Biden administration is doing which is going to Jimmy Carter era leadership. We need to come out with strong leadership and stop letting the swamp turn this into some sort of infighting among Republicans.
- Let’s lead with conservative principles: limited government, low spending, balance the budget, healthcare freedom, border security, good judges, stand with our friends and allies, and let’s do the right thing for the people and the small businesses that make this country great.
- [The Biden administration] wants to increase government role in your lives and in doing so, they are going to crush the backbone of the United States of America and small businesses. We need to reject this budget. We need to return to fiscal discipline.
- On top of the six trillion dollar foolish spending, this administration wants to throw more government funding into the mix, it’s absurd.
Rep. Roy’s quotes on the border crisis are below:
- I’ve spent a lot of time, as you know, on the border of the United States, unlike Vice President Kamala Harris who can’t find the border on a map, apparently, even though she’s allegedly in charge.
- The whole border is being operated by dangerous cartels like the Cartel De Noreste, Los Zetas, Nuevo Laredo, Reynosa faction of the Gulf Cartel, making tens of millions of dollars, putting human beings into the sex trafficking, human trafficking trade, while Democrats pat themselves on the back for being compassionate.
- Let’s stand up and have a strong economy and a strong border… Let’s have a strong country in the lead, rather than being weak with open borders.