It is the federal government’s Constitutional duty to uphold the rule of law and defend the safety of the American people.
Congressman Roy believes in a secure border and an orderly immigration system based on the American people’s interests and values — not those of special interests and Washington politicians. Our country must have a secure border. That means finishing the border wall and bolstering interior enforcement to stem the tide of illegal entry and illegal presence, and that our legal immigration system welcomes those willing to work hard and embrace the rule of law.
So far this Congress, Congressman Roy has:
- Introduced H.R. 2600 to designate cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations
- Introduced H.R. 1707 to clear cane and build navigable roads along the southern border
- Leading a discharge petition to stop the flow of illegal migration and mitigate the spread of covid-19 – over 85 signers
- Cosponsored H.R. 1259 to implement MPP – Migrant Protection Protocols (“Remain in Mexico Policy”)
- Cosponsored H.R. 1901 to close the loopholes in our immigration system
- Voted against H.R. 6 – the “American Dream and Promise Act”
- Voted against H.R. 1603 – the “Farm Workforce Modernization Act”
More on Immigration and Border Security from Congressman Roy:
- Penned an oped with the Criminal DA of Kendall County to raise awareness of cartels in our communities
- Blasted H.R. 1603 in a floor speech pointing out that the bill is a “magnet for more trafficking of children”
- Blasted the U.S. Citizenship Act – saying it is “dead on arrival” and a “sop to the radical left”
- Called the Biden Admin and Democrats out in a press conference for not giving “a whit” about immigrants but just wanting “political benefits for the Democratic party.”
For more information concerning work and views related to Congress, please contact our office.
More on Immigration
WASHINGTON— On Thursday, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Tucker Carlson in an interview in which he called on Texas defy the Biden administration, take matters into its own hands, secure the border, and protect the people of Texas.
Full length of the video is available here and some key quotes are below:
WASHINGTON—On Tuesday, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) was joined by 11 of his House colleagues in introducing a resolution of inquiry requiring the Biden administration to release critical information on the border crisis that is currently being withheld from the American public.
BOERNE, TEXAS — On Tuesday, ahead of their trip to the southern border, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) held a roundtable discussion, followed by a press conference, on the destruction of human life caused by the ongoing border crisis including cartel activity, human/sex trafficking, drug trafficking, fentanyl addiction, and rising crime in American communities.
WASHINGTON -- On Monday, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21), joined by 19 of his House Republican colleagues, sent a letter of inquiry to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas demanding that the department provide more information on the border crisis willingly, or face compulsory action to do so.
WASHINGTON—On Wednesday, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) released the following statement in response to Kamala Harris’ announcement that she will finally visit the full blown humanitarian crisis at the southern border after months of ignoring it:
WASHINGTON—On Monday evening, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) delivered remarks on the House floor calling out Vice President Kamala Harris for refusing to lift a finger to protect citizens and migrants as dangerous cartels continue driving their human trafficking victims and deadly fentanyl far into our communities.
Some key quotes from Congressman Roy are below and full footage of the appearance can be found at the link here:
WASHINGTON—Today, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) sent a memo to “Border Czar” Vice President Kamala Harris, updating her on the crisis at the Southern Border and providing solutions to immediately end this crisis.
WASHINGTON—On Wednesday evening, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined anchor Jennifer Franco on One America News to discuss the unrelenting crisis at the southern border, the threat it poses to Texas, and the Biden administration’s continued failure to address it.
Footage of the full panel discussion is available here, and some key quotes are below:
WASHINGTON — On Friday morning, Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21) joined Newsmax’s National Report to discuss President Biden’s destructive $6 trillion budget that would increase federal spending to its highest sustained rate since World War II, and the border crisis that continues to worsen as Vice President Kamala Harris “can’t find the border on a map, apparently, even those she’s allegedly in charge.”
WASHINGTON — Rep. Chip Roy joined Fox Business Network’s Varney & Co. Monday morning to discuss the worsening crisis at the southern border and the Biden administration’s dangerously incompetent response.
Full footage of the appearance is available here. Key quotes are below: